Pages

10/18/2016

Scripture for the Dreadful Two Week Wait






















This post is really hard for me to write and I have been back and forth on whether it is worth sharing. But then I think to myself how helpful this would have been during such a hard time. When my husband and I starting talking about trying for a family, I think I had very immature expectations. I knew it wouldn't happen immediately but I figure within the first few months we would be announcing baby Hutson. I was wrong and the Lord really used this time to work through me. I needed him like I never had before. I must say that I like having control of my life and this was the first time that I had no control. No control over circumstances, timing, or feelings. It was extremely hard for me. My husband and I decided that we would keep the fact that we were trying to ourselves. I go back and forth if this was the healthiest thing for us to do. I liked the fact the people weren't checking in on us every month and asking "did it happen yet?". I know they would mean well, but it would be hard hearing all the time. On the flip side, it was hard having no one to talk to. My husband and I would talk about it all the time and he kept me together for the 11 months it took. I cried countless times and my husband was always there and would always tell me "it will be a blessing whenever it happens". I knew it would be but it was still very difficult. 

During this time, I really reached out for any positive thoughts and the best place was The Bible. This was a time of definate struggle but also spiritual growth. This put my trust in God's plan more than ever. More than school, career, and marriage. This was a true test of faith. 

The hardest time was the dreadful two week wait. I had a scripture for each day to meditate on and get me through the day. This kept me focused on what was important. It was my prayer. 

Psalm 27: 13-14
I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living!
Wait for the Lord;
    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord!

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.

Isaiah 30: 18
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,
    and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
    blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 40: 31
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.

Lamentations 3: 25
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul who seeks him.

Micah 7: 7
But as for me, I will look to the Lord;
    I will wait for the God of my salvation;
    my God will hear me.

Acts 1: 4
And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me;

Romans 12: 12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Psalms 37: 7
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
    fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
    over the man who carries out evil devices!

James 1: 12
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Psalm 5: 3
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.

Psalms 130: 5
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.

Psalm 39: 7
“But now, Lord, what do I look for?
    My hope is in you.

Romans 8: 24- 30
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top